B.M.S. College of Engineering (BMSCE) was Founded in the year 1946 by Late Sri. B. M. Sreenivasaiah a great visionary and philanthropist and nurtured by his illustrious son Late Sri. B. S. Narayan.
BMSCE is the first private sector initiative in engineering education in India. Over the past 74 years of its illustrious existence, the institution has produced more than 40,000 engineers/leaders who have enriched the world through their immense contributions for mankind.
BMSCE is the first private sector initiative in engineering education in India. Over the past 74 years of its illustrious existence, the institution has produced more than 40,000 engineers/leaders who have enriched the world through their immense contributions for mankind. Started with only 03 undergraduate courses, BMSCE today offers 13 Undergraduate & 16 Postgraduate courses both in conventional and emerging areas. 14 of its Departments are recognized as Research Centers offering PhD/M.Sc (Engineering by Research) degrees in Science, Engineering and Management.
The College has been effectively practicing outcome based education. The College has one of the largest student populations amongst engineering colleges in Karnataka. Currently about 5000 students are pursuing their higher studies in BMSCE. More than 350 research scholars are pursuing their PhD Degree in BMSCE Research Centres. BMSCE is one of the most preferred destinations for the students from across the country which could be attributed to the quality education, infrastructure, healthy teaching-learning practices as well as producing industry ready students. The College strives to develop technical, professional skills and individual values in its students that help to create foundation for their success. Speaking about faculty, the college has always attracted the cream of the crop. Its current team of faculty is no different. They are well qualified, meritorious, experienced and highly dedicated.
The classrooms and labs of the college are best-in-class, well equipped and sophisticated. The labs are regularly upgraded in order to stay advanced. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled with 24×7 internet facilities in the departments and hostels. The college results and placement record bear testimony to the high standard of education provided by the institution.
The institution has strong linkages and collaborations with reputed national and international institutes/organizations to nourish academic, research and innovation. The academic performance of the students has been exceptional, more than 90% of the students secure first class/distinction. The institution has an excellent Placement and Training Centre. More than 200 reputed Core/IT/MNC companies visit the campus every year recruiting students from various branches. More than the 90% of the eligible students get placed every year. The institution is consistently ranked amongst the best engineering institutes in the country.
Affiliation & Accreditation
- Accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with highest grade of A++ in the second Cycle with a CGPA of 3.83 on a scale of four. Valid from 28.03.2019 to 28.03.2024.
- First institution in the State of Karnataka accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in Tire I Format
- Permanently affiliated by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belagavi
- First Private engineering college established in the Country
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi
- Autonomous Institution (UGC approved) since 2008. The College has been effectively practising Outcome Based Education (OBE)
- Permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
- Approved as QIP Centre in Engineering & Technology by AICTE, New Delhi
- Included under 2f and 12B of the UGC Act, 1956
- The institution is a proud recipient of TEQIP III (World Bank Funded Project); Successfully participated in TEQIP I & II Projects.
- Only partner institution from India of the Melton Foundation, USA, Which advocates global citizenship.
- Recipient of MHRD Scheme on Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) and National Doctoral fellowship – AICTE NDF since 2018-19.
BMSCE offers full-time BE programmes in 14 specialisations and ME programmes in 15 specialisations at the UG and PG levels, respectively. BE is a four-year programme, while ME is a two-year programme. Aside from these, the institute offers full-time MBA and MCA programmes.
|COURSE||DURATION||FEE STRUCTURE (ANNUAL)|
|Computer Science & Engineering||4 years||9.5L|
|Information Science & Engineering||4 years||7.5L|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||4 years||5.5L|
|Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning||4 years||7.0L|
|Mechanical Engineering||4 years||3.5L|
|Civil Engineering||4 years||3.0L|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||4 years||4.5L|
|Industrial Engineering & Management||4 years||4.5L|
|Aerospace Engineering||4 years||4L|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||4 years||3.5L|
|Electronics & Instrumentation Technology||4 years||2.5L|
|Medical Electronics Engineering||4 years||2.5L|
|Chemical Engineering||4 years||2.5L|
|BE – Computer Science And Engineering (Data Science)||4 years||7.5L|
|BE – Computer Science And Engineering (IoT AND Cyber Security Including Blockchain Technology)||4 years||7.5L|
|BE- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science||4 years||7L|
A candidate who has Passed in 2nd PUC / 12 Std / Equivalent Examination with English as one of the Language and obtained a Minimum of 45% of Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Bio Technology / Biology / Computer Science / Electronics as optional subjects in the qualifying examination is eligible to pursue in under graduate programs (BE).
The marks obtained by the candidate in Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science / Electronics in the qualifying examination will be considered in the place of Chemistry in case the marks obtained in Chemistry is less for the required aggregate percentage for the pursue of determination of eligibility.
- Entrance Examination: KEA / COMED-K
- For Management Admissions: Students have to take any one of the Entrance Examination
- All major companies are visiting for UG and PG programs.
- Placement records stand best as per ranking.
- About 350 plus companies visited each year for the past 5 years.
- About 250 plus companies with pay packages above 6 lakhs per annum.
- Multiple instances of the conduct of pool drives on campus.
- MOUs were signed with HPE, VLOVO, TCS, Huawei, Robert Bosch, Mercedes-Benz, AMD, etc.
- Multiple scholarship programs in tie-ups with various corporations.
- Phase Shift is an annual technical symposium of BMSCE with close tie ups with various industrial organizations, the outcome of which would be internship offers and MOUs with these organizations.
Location & Area :
Located in the heart of Bangalore, the Garden City of India, BMSCE is about 5 KMs from the Central Railway Station. The campus area is 11 Acres 30 Guntas with a built up area of 99,500 Sq.M.